What we are doing:
Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee, Fresno is organizing and participating in the following events.
1) Saturday, April 22nd – Armenian Genocide Commemoration & Annual Flag Raising
- Location: Fresno City Hall, Flag Pole
- Address: 2600 Fresno St – Corner of Fresno & P streets.
- Time: 10am to Noon
- Invocation– Very Rev. Dajad Ashekian, Rev. Fr. Yeghia Hairabedian, Rev. Fr. Yessai Bedros, Pastor Greg Haroutunian, Pastor Kevin Kasper
- Keynote Speaker: Ara Khachatourian, English Editor of Asbarez Newspaper
- Band: AUSA “Sounds of Freedom”
- National Anthems: Hygo Ohanessian and Asdghig Ajamian
- Flag Raised by: Homenetmen Scouts & Fresno High School JROTC
- Musical Selection by: St.Paul Armenian Church Saturday School Students
- Details: Please join us to commemorate the Armenian Genocide. The Armenian flag will be raised in honor of the survivors, and to the memory of those who were killed in the Genocide.
2) Armenian Studies Program and Armenian Students Organization Events
- Monday, April 24, 12PM to 1PM – Armenian Genocide Commemoration will take place in front of the Armenian Genocide Monument.
- University Address: 5241 N. Maple Ave, Fresno, CA 93740
- Guest Speaker: ASI President Tim Ryan
- Keynote Speaker: Prof. Hagop Ohannessian
- Performances by: Charlie Keyan Armenian Community School students and Fresno State students
3) Sunday, April 24 – Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee of Fresno
- Location: Armenian Genocide Monument – Fresno State
- Address: 5241 N. Maple Ave, Fresno, CA 93740 (End of the Rose Garden. In between the Satellite Student Union and Peters Business Building)
- Times: 6pm – laying of flowers, 7pm – Religious Service, 7:30pm – Civic Service, Reception to follow.
- Master of Ceremonies: Prof. Barlow Der Mugrdechian
- Keynote Speaker: Fresno Mayor Lee Brand
- Speakers: Fresno State President Dr. Joseph Castro and Honorary Consul of Armenia in Fresno Berj Apkarian
- The Armenian Dance Group of Fresno
4) Wednesday, April 26 – The California State University, Fresno Armenian Studies Program and Armenian Genocide Commemorative Committee of Fresno
- “Echo of Silence” by Fethiye Cetin (Author of My Grandmother: a Memoir)
- Time: 7:30pm
- Location: St.Paul Armenian Church – Haig Berberian Hall
- Address: 3767 N. First St. Fresno, CA 93726
- FREE ADMISSION AND FREE PARKING
5) Sunday, April 30 – A documentary film by Bared Maronian “Women of 1915”
- A epic journey of women survivors of the Armenian Genocide and the odyssey pf the relentless human rights advocates who empowered them.
- Location: Leon S. and Pete P. Peters Educational Auditorium
- Address: 5010 W. Woodrow Ave. Fresno, CA 93740
- Time: Reception 1pm & Film starts at 1:30pm
- Tickets: $25 in advance / $35 at door
- For information and tickets call 559-261-1026 or 559-323-1955 or purchase directly from CKACS or CSUF Armenian Studies Program